The sleigh bells will be ringing and the Christmas Carols we will be singing as Santa Clause is Coming to town.
Santa will visit the Ely Fire Station on December 16th at 7:30 PM.
Doors open at 7:00 PM.
All good little boys and girls are invited in to get a chat with the man in the red suit and pickup a bag of goodies.
Christmas Safety Tips
- Any string of lights with worn, frayed or broken cords or loose bulb connections should not be used.
- Always unplug Christmas tree lights before leaving home or going to sleep.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree, and place them well away from tree branches.
- Try to keep live trees as moist as possible by giving them plenty of water daily. Do not purchase a tree that is dry or dropping needles.
- Choose a sturdy tree stand designed not to tip over.
- When purchasing an artificial tree, be sure it is labeled as fire-retardant.
- Make sure the tree is at least three feet (one meter) away from any heat source and try to position it near an outlet so that cords are not running long distances.
- Do not place the tree where it may block exits.
- Safely dispose of the tree when it begins dropping needles. Dried-out trees are highly flammable and should not be left in a house or garage, or placed against the house.
- APC Surge protectors are being recalled: See http://recall.apc.com/en for more information.
When the time comes to dispose of your real tree with no white, snow like spray, plan on taking them to the Sac & Fox trail for the Indian Creek Nature Center. The Indian Creek Nature center turns the trees into mulch used on the Sac & Fox Trail. Real trees with white, snow like spray or artificial trees are to be tagged and disposed as trash.