The Ely Volunteer Fire Department would like to thank the 3,154 people that attended and the hundred plus volunteers that helped us put on our annual 4th of July breakfast.
Congratulations to all the raffle prize winners.
Now that we have celebrated our great nation through food and fireworks, we hope you are able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Here are some safety tips on picking that perfect campfire spot from Smokey the Bear:
- Do not build a campfire in prohibited areas.
- Do not build a campfire in hazardous, dry conditions.
- Before you go, find out if the campground has an existing fire ring or fire pit.
- Choose a campfire site at least 15 feet from tent walls, shrubs, trees or other flammable objects. Beware of low-hanging branches.
- Choose an open, level location away from heavy fuels such as logs, brush or decaying leaves.